blended is a new Victoria-based BC company that comprises me, my partner Russ Mounsey, and a cast of strategic and creative superstars.
We’ve come together as a team to work with BC wineries; to help them with operations, distribution, sales and marketing.
Our website went live today – click on the image and check it out!
So does this mean the end of Brand Intervention? No! It means I go from being busy to being really busy.
Some quick facts about blended:
> The name. We got lucky. Seemed like the right name, given the way our distinct skills come together…in the manner of a blended wine.
> The office. We don’t have one. We have a beautiful boardroom in Vic Quay where we meet in Victoria.
> The salaried staff. There aren’t any. We will eat (and drink) what we grow. Our team members have their own healthy businesses and come into play when their brains and heart are needed.
Russ and I do the upfront strategic planning and outline growth strategies in 3 key areas: profitability, audience and brand awareness. Then we bring in the team to work with us as we flesh out the strategies and execute the tactics. We committed early on to holding out for the best people to work with, both in terms of talent and spirit. Hence the extended blended team:
- Sara Park – social media strategy
- Neil Tran of Leap Web Solutions – packaging and web design/development. (Leap did our gorgeous logo and website.)
- Derek Ford – photography
- Treve Ring of Cru Consultancy – sommelier, wine listings, tasting notes.
- Jodie Carlisle – marketing strategy
- Steve Hutchison of Treehouse Media – media strategy
- Trisha Lees of Rep Lab – media training, reputation strategy
- Rod Philips – retail strategy
- Christine Gleed of Circle Communications – public and media relations
- Adem Tepedelen – copywriting
- Gord Carson of Planet Pictures – film and video director
This is a team of rock stars! We can’t wait to unleash their talents to the benefit of BC wineries.
I understand we may have to participate in regular product evaluation along the way, but we’ll work with that.
Cheers from the team at blended!